At the recent PennDOT Winter Schools, one break-out sessions focused on the new OSHA Silica Standard for Construction. During these sessions numerous presenters gave their insight including Dale Glacken, an OSHA Compliance Assistance Specialist, who spoke at the District 8-0. Linked below is some important information from his presentation.
- OSHA Silica Webpage:
- §1926.1153 Respirable crystalline silica. Construction Standard
- Fact Sheet: Overview of the Rule*
- Fact Sheet on Construction* Commence: September 23, 2017. Except for sample analysis: June 23, 2018.
- The Small Entity Compliance Guide for Construction
- Table 1
- Silica health hazard video from BC
Questions concerning any of the linked information can be directed to:
Compliance Assistance Specialist
US Department of Labor, Occupational Safety and Health Administration
Phone: (717) 782-3902