APC’s Executive Vice President Bob Latham presented testimony today during a public hearing of the House Transportation Committee on the diversion of highway funds from the Motor License Fund (MLF) to support the operations of the Pennsylvania State Police. The committee’s hearing focused mainly on how the State Police should be funded and various legislative proposals to fix the ongoing problem which included Governor Wolf’s proposed $25 per capita fee that he made part of the budget proposal to the General Assembly back in February. Latham’s testimony focused on need to bring the funding level for State Police operations more in line with the Legislative Budget and Finance Committee’s recent recommendation of $532 million annually. Currently, the state budget allocates approximately $802 million annual from the MLF for State Police operations. For more about this issue, you can visit the PA Highway Information Association’s website at: www.pahighwayinfo.org.
Recent Tweets by APC
- PennDOT & Turnpike Combined Letting History – updated Jan. 2019 January 17, 2019
- PHIA News Digest – Vol. 4, No. 3 January 14, 2019
- Capital Beltway tabbed for major improvements January 10, 2019
- Transportation Committee chairs announced January 10, 2019
- PennDOT Ends 2018 with $2.5 billion in Contract Lettings January 9, 2019