In cooperation with APC, PennDOT’s Bureau of Equal Opportunity will be hosting three Diversity Forums this fall for construction contractors and subcontractors. We recommend all APC contractor members to attend and to ask you to talk to your DBE subcontractors and suggest they attend the forum in their area.
The programs will be aimed specifically at construction contractors and subcontractors and geared towards helping DBE subcontractors develop working relationships with general contractors. Focus discussions will feature:
- Understanding the subcontractor bidding process
- How does subcontractor payment process work?
- How to develop business relationships with prime contractors
- Navigating ECMS for opportunities
- Upcoming PennDOT projects
APC members will participate on panel discussions and there will be ample time for give and take.
Dates and Locations:
- October 11, 2017
- October 17, 2017
PA Farm Show Complex
- October 25, 2017
Indiana University of PA