The TQI Procurement Team met recently to kick off efforts. The group held a one-hour WebEx on Virginia DOT’s procurement methods. Virginia WebEx presenters were:
- Tom Witt – Virginia Transportation Construction Alliance
- Jon Harmon – Shirley Construction
- Dave Mahoney – Dewberry Engineering
- PennDOT and PTC should consider what types of projects they would want to use two-step/low bid and two-step/best value procurement to deliver.
- Each party (PennDOT, PTC, Consultants and Contractors) should consider their preferred distribution of the risk allocations to achieve successful projects.
- Consultant facilitators will develop a matrix showing how Virginia, Maryland, and Ohio’s distribution of various risks (i.e. right-of-way acquisition, environmental permitting, utilities, QC/QA).
- Review how the different states handle DBE requirements.
The goal is to see if the group can develop a proposal for consideration during the APC Summer Board Meeting, July 20-21.