Associated Pennsylvania Constructors
To be the leader of a focused and aligned industry, in partnership with government owners, while generating public confidence to adequately fund a high quality and safe transportation system.
The Associated Pennsylvania Constructors is an association representing construction contractors and other firms having a business interest in the Transportation Construction Industry in Pennsylvania. Its mission is to focus the efforts and resources of the members to:
- Advocate adequate funding for Pennsylvania’s highway and transportation needs.
- Ensure a positive partnership between governmental agencies, the public, and APC members based upon trust and integrity.
- Promote quality, safety and innovation in design and construction of transportation systems
- To advocate fairness in contracting for both private industry and owners.
- To support our members’ efforts to promote excellence in providing a safe work environment and safety in highway work zones.
- To act with integrity and honesty.
- To conduct ourselves in a professional manner that promotes trust and cooperation with owner agencies.
- To recognize the value of diversity in our industry.
- To act with transparency and be responsive to our members, owner agencies and industry partners.
APC primarily represents transportation construction contractors and subcontractors. The association seeks:
- To advocate for transportation construction work being done by private contract. We believe our position is in the interest of the taxpayers of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
- To seek adequate funding for construction and maintenance in the Commonwealth in order to ensure a high quality transportation system that enhances safety, mobility and quality of life for the citizens of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
- To promote cooperative working relations between public owners’ representatives, design professionals, material and equipment producers, and others with whom general contractors, or subcontractors have business dealings;
- To maintain high professional and ethical standards in the conduct of work;
- To encourage those methods of contracting for construction work which relieve the contractors of inequitable risks;
- To encourage construction and design methods that result in the highest quality construction product.