Around this time every year, we see an uptick in the number of fake emails being circulated that may appear to be from APC. These emails vary in content and may be difficult to determine their legitimacy. If you receive any suspicious emails, please do not hesitate to contact APC to check. Below is an example of a recent fake email.
Unfortunately, the majority of these emails are simply impersonations and there is little that can be done to prevent them. The best defense is to be aware and do not open or follow any links contained in suspicious emails.
Tips on Spotting a Fake Email:
- Emails with Bad Grammar and Spelling Mistakes.
- Emails with an Unfamiliar Greeting or Salutation.
- Inconsistencies in Email Addresses, Links & Domain Names.
- Investigate the “From” address APC emails will come from a paconstructors.org domain
- Suspicious Attachments.
- Emails Requesting Login Credentials, Payment Information or Sensitive Data.
- Say you must confirm some personal information.
FAKE EMAIL EXAMPLE